Turkey Work Visa – Reminders For Important Considerations
- July 25,2023
- 23 views
In the era of global integration, Turkey work visa application has become increasingly common as well as necessary. Getting a work visa for Turkey is not difficult. However, you must properly fulfill the administrative tasks and business activities.
What then are those processes? To understand more, read the article below!
WHAT IS A TURKEY WORK VISA? WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR IT?
Foreign nationals can lawfully work in Turkey with the use of a work visa. It is granted by the government and necessary for those who want to work in Turkey for a set amount of time. A job offer or employment contract is required to apply for a work visa, which is often secured by the employer on behalf of the employee.
A work permit, often known as a Turkey work visa, is available to foreign people who want to work in Turkey. The requirements for getting a work visa in Turkey may change based on the kind of employment, the length of stay, and the applicant's credentials.
However, the following people may generally be qualified for a work visa in Turkey:
- Professionals with particular skills, credentials, and job experience: All of them may qualify for a Turkish work visa. This comprises professionals including engineers, physicians, educators, and IT experts.
- Managers and executives: Foreign nationals who work in management or executive capacities for Turkish businesses may be eligible for a work visa.
- Investors: People who want to spend a specific sum of money in Turkey and launch a business could qualify for a work visa under this category.
- Academics and researchers: Foreign academics and researchers may apply for a work visa if they have been invited to Turkey by academic or research institutions.
- Seasonal employees: Individuals who are employed for brief periods during particular seasons, such as agricultural or tourist workers, may qualify for a work visa.
It's vital to keep in mind that depending on the applicant's place of origin and the kind of work permit being requested. Therefore, a Turkey work visa's precise requirements and application procedure may change.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING A TURKEY WORK VISA?
In general, you must meet the following Turkey work visa requirements:
- Work offer: A legitimate work offer from a Turkish business is required.
- Work authorization: Your employer is required to secure work authorization from Turkey's Ministry of Labor and Social Security.
- Valid passport: Your passport must still be valid for at least six months.
- Application: To apply for a work visa, you must submit an application form.
- Passport-sized photos: You must submit current passport-sized pictures.
- Supporting documents: You could be asked to provide things like academic transcripts, a CV or résumé, and a statement of intent.
- Health insurance: Throughout your visit to Turkey, you must have current health insurance coverage.
- Criminal history check: In some circumstances, a criminal history check from your native country may be necessary.
- Medical examination: In some circumstances, you can be asked to be checked out to make sure you don't have any infectious diseases.
- Application fee: Getting a work visa normally entails paying an application fee.
It is vital to keep in mind that depending on your place of origin and the kind of job you will be doing in Turkey, the documents needed for a Turkey work visa could change.
The requirements for a Turkey work visa
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR A TURKEY WORK VISA?
We will show you how to apply for a work visa in Turkey, you must do the following:
- Find employment in Turkey: Obtain a job offer from a Turkish company. They will give you the records you need to back up your request for a work visa.
- Review the eligibility prerequisites: Verify if you are eligible for a work visa in Turkey. Depending on the sort of work you will be doing, this may involve educational credentials, professional experience, and other specialized criteria.
- Compile the necessary paperwork: Gather all the paperwork you'll need to submit your application. This normally consists of a current passport, a letter of employment offer, a contract of employment, proof of schooling, and a fully filled-out work visa application form.
- Submit your application at the Turkish embassy or consulate: To submit your application, go to the Turkish embassy or consulate in your country of residence. You may need to make an appointment in advance.
- Pay the needed application money: Depending on your nationality and the kind of work visa you're applying for, the required visa application fee might change. To find out the precise cost, contact the embassy or consulate.
- Participate in an interview (if necessary): Some applicants could be contacted for a meeting at the embassy or consulate. Get ready by becoming familiar with the job offer and being prepared to respond to inquiries about your credentials and the reason for your visit.
- Be patient: You will wait for your visa to be approved. The time it takes to obtain a work visa might vary. You will receive a notification to pick up your visa after your application is accepted.
- Travel to Turkey: After receiving your work visa, you can go to Turkey to start working there. When you enter the nation, be sure you have all the required documentation with you.
The official website of your country's Turkish embassy or consulate should always be checked for the most recent information about a Turkey E-visa. Including immigration regulations and processes are subject to change.
How much do I have to pay for a Turkey work visa?
Turkey work visa fees range from 140 USD to 420 USD.
Several variables might affect the price of a work visa for Turkey. Depending on the kind of work permit you desire. These factors are your country of citizenship, the kind of work visa you're looking for, and any extra services you might need.
How long will it take to process a Turkey work visa?
A Turkey work visa may often be processed in a few weeks to several months.
The kind of work visa you are looking for and the workload of the embassy or consulate processing your application are two factors. These might affect Turkey's work visa processing time to obtain a work visa for Turkey.
What is the validity of a Turkey work visa?
Depending on the kind of visa and the applicant's unique situation, the duration of a work visa for Turkey might change.
In Turkey, work visas are typically granted for a year, although they can be extended yearly if the applicant continues to satisfy the conditions. A work visa is often linked to a particular job or employer. Therefore, changing employment or employers could necessitate getting a new work visa.
Do I have to attend an interview for the visa?
Most nations often demand that visa applicants appear in an interview. The interview aims to evaluate the applicant's qualifications and travel intentions. Specific criteria, however, may differ based on the nation and the kind of visa being requested.
It is preferable to contact the embassy or consulate of the nation you are applying to. They will provide you with precise and current information on visa interview criteria.
How to apply for a work visa in Turkey
CAN I CONVERT MY TURKEY VISIT VISA TO A WORK VISA?
A visit visa to Turkey can be changed into a work visa. However, the procedure and conditions for converting the visa may differ based on your unique circumstances and Turkish government rules. You typically need to acquire a job offer from a Turkish business and secure a work permit to convert your visit visa to a work visa.
The following stages are often included in this:
- Find employment: Look for positions in Turkey that fit your qualifications and skill set.
- Receive a work offer: After accepting a job offer, the employer is responsible for applying to the Ministry of Labor and Social Security on your behalf.
- Obtain a work permit: Once the employer's application has been granted, you must apply for a work permit at the Turkish embassy or consulate that is most convenient for you in your home country, or online.
- Convert the visa: Once you get the work permit, you may go to your neighborhood Turkish immigration office to change your visit visa to a work visa.
Remember that the conversion procedure can have particular specifications and deadlines that you must follow.
WHO SHOULD I CONTACT IF I NEED MORE DETAILS ABOUT A TURKEY WORK VISA?
You should get in touch with the Turkish embassy or consulate in your nation if you need additional information regarding a Turkey work visa. They will be able to provide you with precise and current information on the prerequisites, the application procedure, and any further paperwork required for a work visa in Turkey.
The above-mentioned details offer advice on handling unforeseen problems and in-depth details about Turkey work visa applications.