Turkey Visa on arrival
- June 11,2022
- 910 views
Turkey has been famous for its tourism industry over the year. Located in favorable geography, this country has a variety of tourist attractions arousing the curiosity of flocks of tourists to visit and explore. If you are looking for a way to enter Turkey for the purpose of tourism and business, let’s give it a shot by reading the article for more details about Turkey Visa on arrival!
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) about Turkey Visa on arrival
What is a Turkey Visa on arrival?
A visa on arrival is basically a visa that is given when tourists arrive in other nations. In other words, a visa on arrival does not require them to apply prior to their departure. The visa is solely for the purpose of short trips such as tourism or business.
Recently, the Turkish government announced that they have put an end to this type of visa for certain countries. Specifically, the visa on arrival would terminate on October 28, 2018. Instead of this, they have to apply for Turkey e-Visa before embarking on their journeys.
What are the reasons for the cancellation of the Turkey Visa on arrival?
There are 2 simple reasons accounting for this cancellation of Turkey Visa on arrival:
- It is noted that foreign visitors often spend hours to hours waiting in long lines, paying the visa fee in cash after arrival, and undergoing airport security checks. Therefore, in order to save a great deal of time, the government has implemented this cancellation procedure.
- Moreover, with the advent of the Turkey e-visa online, applicants can make use of this type of Visa applying at home, so they have the right to go directly through the waiting lines without getting stuck in the waiting procedure.
Where should you visit during transit duration?
If you obtain a Turkey transit visa, you may take this precious chance to visit some famous tourist attractions.
Hagia Sophia (Ayasofya) Mosque
Located in Istanbul city - the largest city in Turkey, this place has been regarded as the most beautiful architectural building in the world. This was built by Byzantine Emperor Justinian in 537 CE and considered one of the greatest architectures.
Ölüdeniz is situated in the southwest of Muğla Province. It has been famous for a pristine beach and mountain ranges surrounding it. Many flocks of tourists find it hard to ignore this place. Especially, if you are a person who loves parachutes, this is an ideal destination for you to experience.
Troy has been well-known for ancient ruins in Turkey. There is a vast amount of historical remains discovered with gold, silver, and copper artifacts. Hence, if you are a person who is interested in exploring, let's try to experience this place during your stay.
New updates for Turkey visa on arrival
The Turkish government has repeatedly put a ban on visas on arrival before October 28. Indeed, only some nationals including Croatia, the U.S., Belgium, Malta, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, and North Korea can enter Turkey with a visa on arrival.
However, after October 28, 2018 the cancellation will be entirely active for nationals, and obtaining a visa on arrival will terminate.
Up to now, Turkey visa on arrival is available to citizens of the following Visa requirements nations:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Bahamas
- Dominican Republic
- Greek Cypriot
- Hong Kong
- The Netherlands
- Saint Lucia
- S.V. and the Grenadines
- The United States
As for North Korea (Democratic People’s Republic of Korea), it is mandated for ordinary and official passport holders to carry when entering Turkey. Also, Ordinary and Official passport holders with valid Schengen members of USA, UK, and Ireland visas or residence permits may be offered single entry visas within 30 days from Istanbul Ataturk Airport.
Why should international tourists prefer Turkey e-Visa online?
In recent years, the demand for tourism and business trips to Turkey is gradually increasing. Also, the Turkish government thoroughly understands the concerns, so they have made efforts to facilitate issues of entry permits. As a result, e-Visa has been introduced to be a better alternative for the visa on arrival and Turkey Tourist Visa as well.
As for foreigners, they find it much easier when registering for an e-Visa. With technological devices such as computers or smartphones, they can deal with the problem in a blink of an eye without going to the embassy on-site. As usual, it may take the applicants about 15 minutes to complete the Turkey e-Visa application at home. In sum, simplicity and automation are the top priorities that the government set its sights on.
How to apply for Turkey e-Visa?
After undergoing three basic steps, you might manage to get a Turkey e-Visa.
Step 1: Apply
- You can fill up the enclosed form below including your full name, email address, and phone number.
- In this step, you need to fill in the application using the correct information that must be matched with your passport. Keep in mind that you should double-check your information before clicking the submit button to avoid delays as well as unexpected mistakes.
Step 2: Make payment
- After answering all the questions, you have to pay your e-Visa fee. About the means of payment, you can use a debit card, credit card, or PayPal account but not cash.
Step 3: Download
- Once the first two steps are complete, you can wait for your e-Visa to be sent via your email. When it arrives, you can download and print it out to show at the Immigration Checkpoint.
Where can I get more details about the Turkey e-Visa?
If you have any questions so far related to Turkey Visa on arrival, please contact us at turkey-evisagov.com and leave a message in the chat box section on the right side. We are always eager to hear your concerns and we are willing to assist you whenever you are in need.