Turkey e-Visa for US citizens
- June 06,2022
- 51 views
With the development of tourism and the convenience of e-Visa, Turkey has been an interesting destination for US (U.S.A) citizens to explore. Coming to this land, you will have the opportunity to see the beauty of nature while enjoying the beaches, enjoying delicious food and learning more about historical architecture. If you want to take a short trip to Turkey, you should apply for an e-visa. Scroll down to see what it is!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): TURKEY e-VISA FOR CITIZEN OF THE USA
What is a Turkey e-Visa?
E-Visa is a short word for electronic visa. Turkey e-Visa is released by the Turkish government to make it easier for tourists visas if they just want to have a short-term holiday in this country. Thanks to it, you do not have to prepare lots of documents, take an interview at the consulate and wait for a long time to get the result, which helps to save your time a lot.
Documents required for the US citizens to apply for Turkey E-visa
As this is an online application, you do not have to prepare many documents for it as when you apply for a sticker visa at the embassy. What you have to provide are the three following items:
- A passport: you cannot apply for an e-Visa if you do not have a passport in your hand. When taking the online form, you have to give some details about it such as the number and expiry date. Therefore, make sure that you have a passport and that your passport is still valid.
- An email address: the application will also ask you to give your email address. Your e-Visa and relative information will be sent through it after your application is done. Hence, you should consider providing the one you use frequently to be kept updated.
- A means of payment: As for payment, you can pick one method among debit cards, credit cards, or PayPal accounts.
How much does an US citizen have to pay for Turkey E-visa?
You have to pay two kinds of fees for an e-Visa which are government and service fees. For the former, you are required to pay a certain amount of money. Nonetheless, you are free to make a choice for the latter. The price for each one is listed in the following line:
- Government fee: $50
- Service fee:
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long does it take to process an e-Visa?
It does not take long to process an e-Visa. Therefore, you can get it a few days after your application. However, if you are in an urgent situation, you can choose one from the three options below to get ready for your journey:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
How many steps are there for an e-Visa application?
An e-Visa does not ask you to take many steps such as preparing the documents or taking an interview. It is made convenient for tourists by cutting the process down to three steps:
- Apply: You can take the online application on this site. In the form, some personal information about name, passport, date of arrival and contact details are required. Therefore, you have to give accurate details to avoid trouble later.
- Make a payment: After fulfilling the online form, you can go on to the next step which is about payment. In this situation, only some means of payment are accepted such as debit cards, credit cards or PayPal accounts.
- Download: When your e-Visa is delivered, do not forget to print it out for checking at the checkpoint. After that, you can start your trip and enjoy the holiday in Turkey.
How long can US citizens stay in Turkey with an e-Visa?
As you are an American citizen, you are allowed to stay in Turkey for 90 days out of the 3 months that your e-Visa is valid. You can take a journey at any time you want.
How can I get more about Turkey e-Visa for citizens of the USA?
If you have any difficulties while applying for an e-Visa, do not hesitate to contact us at our website for help. We will give you guidance to solve your problems as well as useful advice in case you need some.