Turkey Explore: Essential Tips For An Unforgettable Journey!
- March 02,2021
- 15 views
Located in the Eurasian area, Turkey has been famous for owning a lot of attractive sceneries with high mountains covered by green trees. In addition, thanks to its position amid three enormous seas, this nation possesses many blue beaches for tourists to enjoy their holidays on. Coming to Turkey, you will have a chance to lie on the yellow dunes, sunbathe in warm sunshine and swim in the cool water. However, the quality of your trip also relies on other elements such as weather, transport and so on. To get ready for your journey, do not hesitate to scroll down for helpful advice on the Turkey trip!
Before coming to visit Turkey. If you are a foreign citizen, you must apply for a Turkey E-Visa online and learn about the requirements for citizens of other country's visas to Turkey.
Why is Turkey a good destination for your holidays?
Turkey is a nation that shares the border with Bulgaria, Gruzia, Armenia, Greece, Iran, Iraq, Syria and Azerbaijan. Besides, it is located in the Eurasian area with 97% of the land belonging to Asia, the rest 3% lies in Europe separated from the others by Bosphorus, Marmara and Dardanelles straits. With three vast beaches surrounding most of the sides, it is not surprising that this country owns numerous nice shores for tourism.
Panoramic view of beautiful Turkey
Additionally, going through a long history in which plenty of wars against enemies occurred, Turkey also possesses hundreds of old buildings designed following ancient styles. In the past, they were used as a place to defend attackers. Those constructions, with impressive architecture, have attracted lots of visitors to come for a real experience.
By taking a tour of these places, you will gain a big amount of new knowledge about history that you may never be taught in school. Moreover, you will have an opportunity to listen to some interesting stories about those historical sites.
Food and beverages
Not only renowned for its great past and outstanding buildings, this land is also well-known for the specific cuisine. On top of popular food preferred by people all over the world like doner kebabs, Turkey has various dishes with a suitable taste for travelers to try. Among those, Kumpir, fish sandwiches, baklava are most tourists' favorites and are assumed with a large amount each year.
In addition to those kinds of tasty food, there are also many choices for you about desserts. After having your main meal, you can pick something to eat and chill with your friends or family. Popular delights in Turkey consist of lokum, chicken breast pudding, maras ice cream, Sutlac, etc. Thanks to good flavors and attractive colors, they are usually bought as gifts by many foodies.
As for beverages, coffee is the first drink that you cannot miss when arriving in Turkey. This kind of brown drink is not just a good start for your day but its culture is a world heritage honored by UNESCO in 2013.
Besides, tea is a nice replacement for those who are allergic to coffee. This green drink has been introduced in Turkey for a long time since Yemen was invaded by foreign enemies. At that time, due to the lack of coffee for daily assumption, Turkish people started growing tea as a substitution. With a high value in nutrients, it has been loved by a number of Turkish residents.
Nice time to visit Turkey
Spreading a vast region with a total area of 783.562 km², Turkey includes different types of terrains from long mountain ranges, large seas to deltas. Therefore, the weather also changes according to the features of every region and season. Hence, to have a perfect trip for your vacation, you have to plan all the things carefully and pick the right time to begin your journey.
Turkish Distinctive Geography
If you are going to have a short stay in the Mediterranean or Aegean, the best time would be between June and September. During this period, you can enjoy the fresh air by the clear sea while having a walk along the coastline. However, there is sometimes the temperature gets higher than usual, which can be over 40 Celsius degrees. In that situation, you should not go out too much to avoid the harsh heat of the sun.
The most comfortable time to visit Turkey is in spring which lasts for about three months until April or May. In case you cannot schedule a journey in those months for some reason, you can go to this nation in the fall, especially in October and November for nice weather and amazing landscapes.
Once turning up on those blue beaches, you can participate in some fun water activities such as surfing, diving, swimming, sailing and so on. If you want to go skiing, the time between December and April is highly recommended.
Means of transportation
If you are planning for a trip to Turkey but do not know which airline is convenient, you can consider picking one among Etihad Airways, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Alitalia, Aeroflot. In case you want to have a straight flight without transit, Turkish Airlines is the most suitable selection for you. With this brand, you can fly from Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi to Ataturk international airport in Istanbul.
During your stay in Turkey, you have various choices to move from one place to another with the following transports:
- Plane: as Turley is a land spreading a vast area, you can take a flight to fly to another city. However, it is not suitable for those who want to enjoy and chill with beautiful landscapes.
- Bus: this sort of public transport is most preferred by tourists for its convenience. If you want to visit a place which is not too far from where you stay, there are no other means more appropriate than buses. In Turkey, a bus is equipped with modern technologies like a small TV and headphone in front of each seat. Nonetheless, you may have to stand in rush hour as there is no seat available.
- Car: should you go in groups and want to have a private space for chatting comfortably, you can rent cars for a short distance route. As this is a popular site for tourism, this kind of transport is always in need to support visitors. Therefore, you can easily hire one near the place you live.
- Train: in Turkey, there is a railway system built from Istanbul to other cities such as Konya, Denizli, Edirne, Eskisehir, Adana, Kayseri, Gaziantep, etc. Hence, if those destinations are on the list of your plan, trains are a convenient choice for you.
- Metro: in case you do not know much about the Turkish language, you can take the metro as a safe option. Around the flatforms, there is information about the schedules written in English for you to read. Thanks to that, it has become one of the favorites of travelers.
To help you to visit Turkey quickly. We provide Turkey e-Visa service to save you time.
Leave your information in the registration form below.