Turkey is a great destination for those who have a deep love of nature with impressive landscapes spreading throughout the country. Also, when spending your holiday in this beautiful land, you will have a chance to study its cultures which have been accumulated from a long time ago. On top of that, this is also an ideal place for foodies to try tasty dishes and beverages like doner kebabs, kabak tatlısı, etc. If you are traveling to this nation but do not know how to get the entering permission, let’s scroll down the following lines about the Turkey e-Visa application for useful guidance!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Turkey e-Visa application
What is a Turkey e-Visa?
A Turkey e-Visa is an electronic travel authorization that gives its owner the right to enter Turkey for a period of time with the purposes of either business or tourism. Other reasons such as studying or staying more than the time allowed are not accepted. In those cases, you will have to go to the consulate to ask for a normal visa including taking an interview.
What are the benefits of a Turkey e-Visa?
If you are visiting Turkey for a short time, it is highly recommended to apply for an e-Visa for the following advantages:
- You do not have to prepare as many documents as when requesting a visa. All you need are a valid passport, an email address to keep track of the process and a means of payment to pay for this permit.
- You do not need to visit the embassy to take an interview and wait for a long time to get the result. After sending the online application, you can get your e-Visa in a few days via the email address.
- The process is made simple for applicants with three main steps in total.
Who needs to apply for a Turkey e-Visa?
Everyone who would like to enter Turkey for tourism or business is required to show a visa or an e-Visa at the checkpoint except for travelers of exempt countries. Hence, make sure that you hold one before turning up here for a perfect trip.
What countries are eligible for a Turkey e-Visa?
Nationals of the countries which are on the list below can apply for a Turkey e-Visa:
Antigua and Barbuda
Central African Republic
DR of the Congo
St Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
United Arab Emirates
What is necessary for a Turkey e-Visa application?
Here is the list of items you have to provide when applying for an e-Visa:
- A passport: the first thing you have to prepare for your application is a passport. To be well-prepared for it, you should have a check to see if your passport is still valid.
- An email address: it is a tool for you to get the latest information as well as your e-Visa. Do not forget to check it regularly to see if there is anything wrong during the process.
- A means of payment: Mastercard, debit cards, credit cards, or PayPal accounts are accepted. Therefore, you can pick any among those methods to make payments for your e-Visa.
How many steps are included in the process?
The application consists of three main parts which are instructed in stages as below:
- It takes you about 5 minutes to fill in the online form with personal and passport details regarding name, date of birth, email address, passport, purposes of the trips, and phone number.
- Make sure there is no typo mistake in your application by reviewing all the information before moving on to the next part.
- Debit cards, credit cards, PayPal accounts, or Mastercards are highly recommended to use as a means to pay for your e-Visa.
- The last thing you have to do is to print your e-Visa out after its arrival and show it at the Immigration Checkpoint.
How much is a Turkey e-Visa?
The price of a Turkey e-Visa includes government and service fees. However, the latter’s cost will vary according to the level of urgency. In detail, they are as listed:
Government fee: $60
- Normal Processing: $59
- Emergency Processing: $79
- Rush Processing: $89
How long does it take to process a Turkey e-Visa?
Depending on your schedule, you can pick one among the following timeframes to get your e-Visa:
- Normal Processing: 3 business days
- Emergency Processing: 12 business hours
- Rush Processing: 4 business hours
How can I get more information about Turkey e-Visa?
Should you need further details about Turkey e-Visa, do not hesitate to contact us by leaving a message in the box on our website. We are always willing to support you with the latest information so that you can get this permit successfully.